Did you lose or misplace your Aadhaar card? UIDAI has taken care to tackle this mishap. The official UIDAI website allows you download a duplicate Aadhaar Card conveniently. All you need to do is provide either your Enrollment number or Aadhaar card number. In case you don’t remember either of them you need first to retrieve either of them.
Step 1: Retrieve your UID or EID number
Follow the simple steps mentioned on official UIDAI website to get access to your Duplicate Aadhaar card:
- Browse the official website of UIDAI and scroll to the bottom. Under the “Aadhaar Online Service” click “Retrieve lost UID/EID”.
- On next page select “Enrolment Number (EID) or Aadhaar Number (UID).”
- Enter all your details as per UIDAI records. Full Name, email ID and Mobile Number. Enter the Security Code. Click on “Send One time Password.”
- You will receive the OTP on the registered mobile number or email id.
- Enter the OTP. As soon as the OTP is verified, you will receive your enrollment number or Aadhaar card on your Registered Mobile number or registered email ID.
Step 2: Download duplicate Aadhaar card using the retrieved EID or UID
Now that you have the EID or UID number ready you can download your Aadhaar card in some quick steps:
- Go to the home page of UIDAI official website, Scroll to “Aadhaar Online Service” this time click “Download Aadhaar.”
- On top of the page where it says “I Have” choose the number that you retrieved in “Step 1.”
- Enter the Aadhaar number or Enrollment number.
- Enter the Full name, Pin Code and the Image text.
- Click on “Get One Time Password”
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click “Validate and download.”
Remember: The duplicate Aadhaar card will be downloaded as a PDF. The PDF will be password protected. You will have to fill in the Pin code of your registered address to open the PDF. Print the PDF and use it as a valid UID card.
Also Check out: Aadhar Card Status
Download Duplicate Aadhaar card without Registered Mobile Number or Email?
Yes, it can be done, but you must know the Enrollment number for this:
- Download the ‘Aadhaar Portal’ App from Google Play store. The App is not yet available for the iOS.
- Click “Enrollment No.” on Download Aadhaar page. Download Aadhaar card without entering your registered mobile number.
- Enter the Enrollment number, Date and time of Enrollment, PINCODE of the area in which your enrollment center lies, your Full Name and any available mobile number.
- You will receive the OTP on the mobile number you entered.
- Verify the OTP, and now you can download your Aadhaar card.
- E Aadhaar card will be downloaded in a PDF. The PDF is password protected, and it is your PINCODE.
Note: you do not need to provide the registered mobile number.
Check out video also: