Every Indian citizen will now be identified by a 12 digit unique identification number (UID) issued by Unique Identification Authority of India as per the guidelines of Indian Government. It has been mandatory for every individual so that they can have one Government ID that links PAN, Passport and all other identity proofs.
You can get an Aadhaar card by visiting an authorized Aadhaar card center near you. Once you have completed the enrolment procedure, you will have to wait for 7 days or more till it is issued. As soon as the Aadhaar card is generated, it is mailed to you but in case you are in urgency, you can download eaadhar card from the online portal.
You need to have either Aadhaar number or Enrollment number to download the Aadhaar card.
Steps to Download Aadhar card by Aadhar number:
The process to apply for Aadhaar is simple and downloading an e-aadhaar is even simpler. The UIDAI portal is an official point to download the e-Aadhaar card. After downloading you can print it and use this as a formal Aadhaar letter.
At the time you apply for the Aadhaar card, you are given an acknowledgment slip. The slip has an Enrolment number and time stamp that helps you download your Aadhaar card. You can keep track of your aadhar card by checking status of aadhar card. In case you already have your Aadhaar number and misplaced your Aadhaar card, use your Aadhaar number to download it:
- Browse the UIDAI website at https://uidai.gov.in/ and click on “Download Aadhaar card.”
- Pick the Aadhaar option out of ‘Enrolment ID’ or ‘Aadhaar.’
- Enter your Aadhaar number and other details as they were at the time of Enrollment. You will have to enter the Name, PIN code, mobile number, etc.
- Click on ‘Get One Time Password’ and make sure you have your registered mobile number in a switched on the phone.
- You will receive the “One time password” on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP on the website and click on ‘Validate and Download.’
- Your e-Aadhaar card will be downloaded on your device.
The e-Aadhaar card downloaded will be password protected. The password will be the first four alphabets of your first name in capital followed by your year of birth.
Applicant name: Suresh
Date of birth: 10/12/1983
Password to unlock the PDF will be SURE1983
Once unlocked, you must a print copy of Aadhaar card and use it as an official identification proof.
How to Print your e-Aadhaar Card?
Once the e-Aadhaar Card is downloaded successfully using the Aadhaar number, you must go ahead and print it. Open the downloaded Aadhaar card in PDF reader. Print by using CTRL+P or click on the ‘Print’ option of the file menu in Acrobat Reader.
You can also visit the nearest internet cafe / cyber cafe along with your eaadhar copy and ask them to print a copy for you, they’ll probably charge around 10-20 Rupees for printing.