Hey! This is our very first guide on this blog and we’ll be telling you that can you check Aadhar card status very easily. All you need to do is follow the step by step instructions provided below and you’ll be good to go.
- 1 What is Aadhar Card?
- 2 How to Check Status of Aadhar Card by Enrollment number?
- 3 Check Adhaar status with your Name, Registered Mobile number or Email
- 4 Check the Adhaar Status Enquiry on Mobile App
- 5 Aadhaar Card Status Enquiry through SMS (Updated 8th August 2017)
- 6 Check Aadhaar status through Post: (Updated 8th August 2017)
- 7 How to Enroll for a New Aadhaar Card? (Updated: October 2017)
- 8 Important Links
What is Aadhar Card?
Aadhaar Number is a 12-digit identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India to every individual resident of India. Aadhar card is very similar to Social Security Number (SSN) of USA. It is used to identify all the citizens of India and can be extremely helpful to the government while formulating future policies.
The Adhaar card will not replace your documents like PAN, Passport, driving license and ration cards instead it will consolidate your demographic and biometric information under one number.
The government will be aware of their citizens and will be able to cater to their needs in a better manner. If you have applied for an Aadhar card and waiting on it eagerly you may follow the procedure here for Aadhar card application status updates.
How to Check Status of Aadhar Card by Enrollment number?
So you have already applied for the Aadhar card that gives you the unique identification by Indian Government. It takes 3-5 weeks to generate your Adhaar card and 30-90 days to get that card to your registered address.
You can check the status of your Adhaar generation online with a very simple process to follow either on a website or on the Adhaar online app.
Check the Adhaar Status on the website.
- In your web browser open the url https://uidai.gov.in .
- In the Aadhaar Online services go to Aadhaar Enrolment and click the Check Aadhaar Status as highlighted in yellow on the screenshot below.
- When the link is clicked it prompts you to click ok to take you to the linked website. Just click ok.
- The last click takes you to https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status
- The above page needs you to Enter the Enrollment ID to check the status of your Adhaar card.
- You can find your 14 digit Enrollment ID on the Acknowledgement slip and 14 digit date and time of enrollment.
- You need to fill these 28 digits.
- Enter the security code.
- In case you submitted wrong Enrollment ID you can Reset the blanks and enter the correct Enrollment ID and time again. The Reset button is on right side of the Enrollment ID blanks.
When you press the submit button after entering the correct details the screen gives you the below message. You can now download your aadhar card.
Note: In case you have lost the acknowledgment slip and not able to obtain your EID number no need to worry. On the same page at the Right-hand corner you can click on Retrieve Lost EID/UID link.
Check Adhaar status with your Name, Registered Mobile number or Email
Click the option to Retrieve Lost EID/UID on next page it prompts you retrieve the EID or UID no. At this stage, you are looking for the status of your UID generation so here keep the option as EID.
- Enter your correct personal details.
- Full Name as per the acknowledgment slip.
- Email as per the details provided at the time of enrollment.
- Mobile as per the records at the time of enrollment
- Enter security code.
- Click on Send One Time Password.
- You will receive the OTP on the registered mobile or registered email.
- Enter the OTP and verify it.
- You will receive the status of your adhaar card on the screen whether its generated or not.
Check the Adhaar Status Enquiry on Mobile App
The Aadhaar status app is also available on Google Play store by the name aadhaar Card Status. Install the application in your android phone.
- Open the App on your Android phone.
- As you can see in the screenshot below you will be asked to click on Get Your Status.
- Once you click on the Get your status you are prompted to enter your 14 digit Enrollment ID and then the date and time of enrollment.
Aadhaar card is a very important document that benefits you with
- LPG Subsidy
- Jan Dhan Yojana benefits
- Get your passport in 10 days
- Digital Locker
- Voter card linked
- Monthly pension
- Provident fund
- Eases opening new bank account
- Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI) excepts it as proof of identity.
Enroll for Aadhaar and be an identified citizen of India.
Aadhaar has revolutionized India over a digital platform. Keeping the common people in mind, who are not well versed with internet UIDAI has kept the basic services also intact.
Aadhaar Card Status Enquiry through SMS (Updated 8th August 2017)
You can check your Aadhaar Status through your SMS. Type “UID STATUS <14 digit enrolment number>”. For example, your enrollment number is 12345612345689 go to SMS window and type UID STATUS12345612345689
Send the SMS to 51969. If your Aadhaar Card has already been issued, you will receive a message stating your Aadhaar card number. In case Aadhaar Card is not generated yet, you will receive a text message giving you the current status of your Aadhaar card.
You may also like this tutorial on aadhar card enquiry status.
Check Aadhaar status through Post: (Updated 8th August 2017)
You can check the delivery status of your Aadhaar Card at any Post Office. Visit Indian Post official website and enter your Aadhaar Enrolment Number, time and date of enrollment. The next screen will show you the current status of your aadhar card.
How to Enroll for a New Aadhaar Card? (Updated: October 2017)
Ensure before going for the Aadhaar card enrolment you have all the required documents ready.
- Locate an authorized enrollment center near you and book an appointment online. You can visit the center without an appointment. An appointment will save you time.
- Fill out the enrollment form at the center or you can take the print out online and fill it before your visit to the enrollment center.
- Submit the supporting documents like date of birth certificate, address proof, etc.
- The documents provide the UIDAI your demographic information. At the enrollment center you will have to submit your biometric data too. The biometric information includes your IRIS scan and finger impressions.
- The enrollment officer will also take your photograph.
- Make sure to take the enrollment receipt before leaving the center. The enrollment receipt will have the 14-digit enrollment number that will be important for you to track the status.
- It may take 30-90 days for you to receive the Aadhaar card. You can track the status of your new enrolled Aadhaar card on the UIDAI official website. If your status shows Aadhaar card issues you can wait for few days, and you will receive it by post.
Once the Aadhaar card is issued you can even download the Aadhaar card online:
- Launch the UIDAI website and go to the eAadhar section at the bottom left of the website and click “Download Aadhaar”
- On the next screen fill in your 14-digit enrollment number from your Enrollment Slip.
- Along with the enrollment number, you will have to enter the date and time of Enrollment as in the enrollment slip.
- Enter your name as per your Aadhaar records
- Enter the pin code of your area as in the demographic details.
- Enter the registered mobile number.
- Enter the image text.
- Click “Generate OTP.” You will receive the OTP on the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP, and you can now download your Aadhaar card.
For the Enrollment process it is mandatory to visit the authorized center, but in case of any misinformation except than the biometrics, you can get it corrected online.
The entire enrollment process has been made very easy, go and enroll to get your UID (Unique Identification Number) and be a responsible Indian citizen.
|Check Aadhaar Card Status||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card (Mobile)||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar(Enrollment ID)||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card by Name||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card Form||Hindi English|
|Aadhaar card Data Update Form||Click Here|
|Update Aadhaar Card Online||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|