Hey! This is our very first guide on this blog and we’ll be telling you that can you check Aadhar card status very easily. All you need to do is follow the step by step instructions provided below and you’ll be good to go.
What is Aadhar Card?
Aadhaar Number is a 12-digit identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India to every individual resident of India. Aadhar card is very similar to Social Security Number (SSN) of USA. It is used to identify all the citizens of India and can be extremely helpful to the government while formulating future policies.
The Adhaar card will not replace your documents like PAN, Passport, driving license and ration cards instead it will consolidate your demographic and biometric information under one number.
The government will be aware of their citizens and will be able to cater to their needs in a better manner. If you have applied for an Aadhar card and waiting on it eagerly you may follow the procedure here for Aadhar card application status updates.
How to Check Aadhar Card Status by Enrollment number?
So you have already applied for the Aadhar card that gives you the unique identification by Indian Government. It takes 3-5 weeks to generate your Adhaar card and 30-90 days to get that card to your registered address.
You can check the status of your Adhaar generation online with very simple process to follow either o a website or on the Adhaar online app.
Check the Adhaar Status on the website.
- In your web browser open the url https://uidai.gov.in .
- In the Aadhaar Online services go to Aadhaar Enrolment and click the Check Aadhaar Status as highlighted in yellow on the screenshot below.
- When the link is clicked it prompts you to click ok to take you to the linked website. Just click ok.
- The last click takes you to https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status
- The above page needs you to Enter the Enrollment ID to check the status of your Adhaar card.
- You can find your 14 digit Enrollment ID on the Acknowledgement slip and 14 digit date and time of enrollment.
- You need to fill these 28 digits.
- Enter the security code.
- In case you submitted wrong Enrollment ID you can Reset the blanks and enter the correct Enrollment ID and time again. The Reset button is on right side of the Enrollment ID blanks.
- When you press the submit button after entering the correct details the screen gives you the below message
Note: In case you have lost the acknowledgment slip and not able to obtain your EID number no need to worry. On the same page at the Right-hand corner you can click on Retrieve Lost EID/UID link.
How to get your Adhaar status Check with your Name, Registered Mobile number or Registered Email?
Click the option to Retrieve Lost EID/UID on next page it prompts you retrieve the EID or UID no. At this stage, you are looking for the status of your UID generation so here keep the option as EID.
- Enter your correct personal details.
- Full Name as per the acknowledgment slip.
- Email as per the details provided at the time of enrollment.
- Mobile as per the records at the time of enrollment
- Enter security code.
- Click on Send One Time Password.
- You will receive the OTP on the registered mobile or registered email.
- Enter the OTP and verify it.
- You will receive the status of your adhaar card on the screen whether its generated or not.
Check the Adhaar Status Enquiry on Mobile App
The Aadhaar status app is also available on Google Play store by the name aadhaar Card Status. Install the application in your android phone.
- Open the App on your Android phone.
- As you can see in the screenshot below you will be asked to click on Get Your Status.
- Once you click on the Get your status you are prompted to enter your 14 digit Enrollment ID and then the date and time of enrollment.
Once you have enrolled for the Aadhaar card status, download, and update of Aadhaar card all are at your fingertips. For more detailed process you may watch the link below.
Aadhaar card is a very important document that benefits you with
Jan Dhan Yojana benefits
Get your passport in 10 days
Voter card linked
Eases opening new bank account
Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI) excepts it as proof of identity.
Enroll for Aadhaar and be an identified citizen of India.
Aadhaar has revolutionized India over a digital platform. Keeping the common people in mind, who are not well versed with internet UIDAI has kept the basic services also intact.
Aadhaar Card Status Enquiry through SMS (Updated 8th August 2017)
You can check your Aadhaar Status through your SMS. Type “UID STATUS <14 digit enrolment number>”. For example, your enrollment number is 12345612345689 go to SMS window and type UID STATUS12345612345689
Send the SMS to 51969. If your Aadhaar Card has already been issued, you will receive a message stating your Aadhaar card number. In case Aadhaar Card is not generated yet, you will receive a text message giving you the current status of your Aadhaar card.
You may also like this tutorial on aadhar card status enquiry.
Check Aadhaar status through Post: (Updated 8th August 2017)
You can check the delivery status of your Aadhaar Card at any Post Office. Visit Indian Post official website and enter your Aadhaar Enrolment Number, time and date of enrollment. The next screen will show you the current status of your aadhar card.